Friday, December 9, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Cookie Bars (AKA whiteys)

So for my wedding I got a cake pan and in the cake pan there was a recipe for these chewy chocolate cookie bars.  For years and years it sat in my recipe book untouched, unmade.  So when I finally discovered HOW EASY it was it is now an instant hit with my family.  For instance: tonight I have a reception to go to.  I make the cookie bars after already explaining to my hubby that they are not for him.  Out of the oven they come.  In runs Mercedes.  "wow mom, those smell delicious MAY I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have one?"  ::insert beautiful batting eyes and pouty lips::  and what do I do...(stay strong AMANDA stay strong)  "do you want one my love?  Of course you can have one!!!  As I am handing her a whitey and a glass of milk.  Can you say sucker?  I can.
  Here is the super easy recipe:  Yes, I have it memorized.
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup of oil
2 cups of chocolate chips (we like milk chocolate)
Spread in a 9x13 cake pan, bake at 350 Degrees for 20 minutes.

Voila!

No comments: